International Best Practice
Irish Best Practice
Search the EcoPlan site:
Aims & Objectives
The objectives of the project are:
- To evaluate the potential of the green infrastructure concept and an
integrative policy tool for embedded the ecosystem approach (EA) in spatial
- To identify international and national legal and policy frameworks
underpinning nature conservation and evaluate how these relate to the spatial
- To provide a baseline study of current practice relating to ecosystem
approaches, green infrastructure and spatial planning.
- To develop an interactive, cross-sectoral and stakeholder based approach
to identify pathways towards integrating ecosystem service management and
green infrastructure into spatial planning frameworks.
- To develop recommendations, guidelines and toolkits relating to:
a. the integration of ecosystem services and green infrastructure into
existing spatial planning frameworks
b. the potential of existing planning tools for effective decision-making
c. recommendations for new policy tools.
Up | Aims & Objectives | Team Members